Definition of quarter plate in English:
1A photographic plate measuring 3 1/4 × 4 1/4 inches (circa 8.3 × 10.8 cm).
- With a quarter-plate camera in Perth in 1898 and in the Ballarat district next year, Effie took photographs which she developed, printed and presented in albums to her parents.
- He loved racing cars, motorcycles, aircraft and model planes and was a passionate amateur photographer using a quarter plate camera and an Exacta "miniature" camera.
- It's a quarter plate lens that gives you those darkened corners that are so desirable.
1.1A photograph reproduced from a quarter plate.
- Photographer unknown: subject unknown but identified as Richard's Family slave, Monticello, Missouri, quarter plate daguerreotype, c. 1850.
- This quarter plate captures a moment of international cooperation whereby a team of three Caucasians are working a sluicing operation alongside a team of four Chinese.
- Of the 435 plate images there are three distinctive plate sizes referred to as a full plate, a half plate and a quarter plate.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan