noun (plural pronunc. same)
- A district of a French city.More example sentences
- They seldom set foot in the quartiers chauds, or ‘hot districts’, until Sarkozy arrived on the scene.
- My objective was to bring my music to my quartier, maybe to my city, Dakar.
- In Paris practice was not uniformly low, and was more regular in middle-class and aristocratic neighbourhoods than in working-class quartiers, where church construction lagged behind population growth and the clergy were scarcer.
More definitions of quartierDefinition of quartier in:
- The US English dictionary