- (Of a high-intensity electric lamp) using a quartz bulb containing the vapour of a halogen, usually iodine: a quartz-halogen projection lampMore example sentences
- Cells were incubated with 150 M NPe6 for 30 min at 37 deg C, washed and suspended in fresh medium, then irradiated at 10 deg C with a 600 W quartz-halogen lamp with IR radiation attenuated by a 10 cm layer of water and an 850 nm cutoff filter.
- Because of their small size and intense light, quartz-halogen lamps have been used by lamp designers in many industrial uses, such as for headlights of automobiles and in scientific research.
- In the phototoxicity experiments, cells were then exposed to 10 mW cm - 2 white light generated by a 500 W quartz-halogen bulb, which was IR filtered by a 250 turn path length water tank maintained at 37C.
More definitions of quartz-halogenDefinition of quartz-halogen in:
- The US English dictionary