- An electric lamp in which the envelope is made of quartz, which allows ultraviolet light to pass through it. It may be a bulb containing a halogen or a tube containing mercury vapour.More example sentences
- Small-scale pendant lights with halogen or quartz lamps are the ideal size for accent lighting.
- Heavy glass incandescent lamps and quartz lamps share some serious shortcomings.
- The units typically contain battery packs with two sealed-beam or quartz lamps mounted on top.
More definitions of quartz lampDefinition of quartz lamp in:
- The US English dictionary