- A small edible European scallop.
More example sentences
- Chlamys opercularis, family Pectinidae
- The Food Standards Agency have lifted the ban on queen scallop fishing in Scapa Flow.
- It would result in the largest managed area in the UK and control oysters, mussels, cockles, clams, lobsters, squat, lobsters, queen scallops, crabs, whelks, razor fish and crawfish.
- High levels of PSP toxins have also been detected in queen scallops and mussels scattered up the west coast.
More definitions of queen scallopDefinition of queen scallop in:
- The US English dictionary