noun (plural same or queenfishes)
An edible marine fish, in particular:
- ● a popular sporting fish of the Indo-Pacific (Chorinemus lysan, family Carangidae). ● a drumfish of the Pacific coast of North America (Seriphus politus, family Sciaenidae).
More example sentences
- Sailfish, dorado, kingfish, barracuda, various snappers, cobia. trevally, jacks, queenfish, bonito and Spanish mackerel are some of the fish to be caught.
- In the mangrove-lined estuaries that ring most of the 2,000-miles of sparsely inhabited coast you can fish for trevally, queenfish or tarpon.
- Working the reefs around these islands regularly produce barracuda, various caranx species, largemouth queenfish, king and queen mackerel and various reef fish.
More definitions of queenfishDefinition of queenfish in:
- The US English dictionary