adjective (queenlier, queenliest)
Resembling, fit for, or appropriate to a queen: a dark-haired woman of queenly manner
More example sentences
- I came down and, in a pillared hall within the temple, the emperor stood in regal splendour - a queenly woman beside him - caught in a moment of deep crisis.
- Just four months before Pearl Harbor the queenly Augusta had carried President Roosevelt to a quiet Newfoundland bay for the first of many historic meetings with Winston Churchill.
- I was walking in queenly honor and majesty feeling enormous pleasure and gratitude to all in my life who bring me so much joy.
- More example sentences
- As Matthew Woodcock points out, there have been many studies of queenliness in Spenser's The Faerie Queene, but very few that made sense of the poet's use of fairy.
- The set of her head at downstage left and the slight angle of the jaw conveyed queenliness and deadly resolve.
- And let the last word quoted here be one of Elizabeth's own, illustrative of her strangely mingled temperament of queenliness and insolence.
Definition of queenly in:
- The US English dictionary