Definition of queenly in English:
adjective (queenlier, queenliest)
Resembling, fit for, or appropriate to a queen: a dark-haired woman of queenly manner
More example sentences
- I came down and, in a pillared hall within the temple, the emperor stood in regal splendour - a queenly woman beside him - caught in a moment of deep crisis.
- Just four months before Pearl Harbor the queenly Augusta had carried President Roosevelt to a quiet Newfoundland bay for the first of many historic meetings with Winston Churchill.
- I was walking in queenly honor and majesty feeling enormous pleasure and gratitude to all in my life who bring me so much joy.
- Example sentences
- As Matthew Woodcock points out, there have been many studies of queenliness in Spenser's The Faerie Queene, but very few that made sense of the poet's use of fairy.
- The set of her head at downstage left and the slight angle of the jaw conveyed queenliness and deadly resolve.
- And let the last word quoted here be one of Elizabeth's own, illustrative of her strangely mingled temperament of queenliness and insolence.
Words that rhyme with queenlycleanly
Definition of queenly in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan