noun[mass noun] Computing
- A language for the specification of procedures for the retrieval (and sometimes also modification) of information from a database.More example sentences
- Structured query language is a common language for database applications like Microsoft Access, SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle and many others.
- The SQL query language and the programming language Perl were used for sequence alignment and subsequence extraction.
- XQuery is the official World Wide Web Consortium specification for an XML query language.
More definitions of query languageDefinition of query language in:
- The US English dictionary