A baked flan or tart with a savoury filling thickened with eggs, usually eaten cold: I rustled up a few quiches [mass noun]: a slice of quiche [as modifier]: a quiche tin
More example sentences
- There are also soups, pizzas, salads, quiches, pasta and some desserts.
- Ayrshire bacon is not only the best for breakfast, it is also good in sandwiches, quiches, pasta, salads and stews.
- For oven meals all you need are casserole dishes in a few sizes, a roaster, some pie plates for meat pies and quiches, and pizza pans.
Words that rhyme with quichebabiche, Dalglish, fiche, Laois, leash, niche, nouveau riche, pastiche, Rajneesh, schottische
noun (plural same or Quichés)
1A member of a people inhabiting the western highlands of Guatemala.
- A Spanish priest, Francisco Ximénez, translated the rarest and most sacred book of the Quiché, the Popol Vuh, in 1680.
- He led an expedition into Maya country, allying with the Cakchiquel against the Quiché and then turning on them in campaigns whose savagery even fellow conquistadores found remarkable.
2 [mass noun] The Mayan language of the Quiché, with around 800,000 speakers.
- He did mention, however, that one of his major inspirations is the Popol Vuh, a sacred manuscript of mythic stories written in Quiché (a Guatemalan Mayan language) shortly after the Conquest.
- There are twenty-one Mayan languages spoken in Guatemala, the principal ones being Quiché, Cakchiquel, Kekchí, and Mam.
- The most widely spoken are Mam, Quiché, Kekchí, and Cakchiquel.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Quiché or their language.
- According to Quiché legend, for example, the first four humans were made of a corn paste into which the Heart of Heaven breathed life.
- One of the latter was a visiting Quiché Maya linguist from Guatemala.
The name in Quiché.
Definition of quiche in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan