- 1Unhesitating and rapid; in quick succession: quick-fire reparteeMore example sentences
- In the first-half they were unstoppable with three quick-fire goals from Mark Wood, Phil O'Reilly and Alex Wilgrass.
- Hannah was involved in the early action as the Highlanders pushed for a quick-fire goal.
- Marber was a stand-up comedian and his quips and quick-fire repartee are deftly handled by the four actors, who bring out comedy in the pain and the pathos in the cruel barbs.
- 2(Of a gun) able to fire shots in rapid succession.More example sentences
- Soldiers need reflexive and quick-fire training, using burst fire.
- Learning what it's like to fight in a jungle environment at JOTC includes guerrilla warfare techniques, one-rope bridges, poncho rafts, quick-fire rifle techniques and a variety of other infantry skills.
- The Lewis Revolving Rifle puts the game way off balance giving you six quick-fire shots before having to reload.