- another term for hawthorn.More example sentences
- This boundary is also marked for much of the way by the ancient equivalent of a barbed wire fence - a ditch and bank thrown up to restrict cattle, with a quickthorn hedge planted on top, which quite rapidly reinforces the barrier.
- Quickthorn makes an excellent hedge with a long season of interest, or it can be grown as specimen tree, as it is very hardy and is useful in coastal or exposed positions.
- All of our land is fenced using post and rail and most have been planted with a blend of hawthorn and quickthorn, which with time will grow into hedgerows, giving your land more privacy.
More definitions of quickthornDefinition of quickthorn in:
- The US English dictionary