- 1The making of quilts as a craft or leisure activity: she’s taken up quilting again [as modifier]: a quilting frameMore example sentences
- The craft of patchwork and quilting dates back to ancient times when the prime purpose was warmth and protection, today it is practised internationally and it is as varied and decorative as the individual desires.
- A sewing group specialising in cross-stitch, embroidery, quilting and needlework meets on Mondays from 11 am to midday.
- There is no doubt that quilting is a creative activity.
- 1.1The work produced in quilting; quilted material: green plastic quilting pads the wallsMore example sentences
- Scraps of cloth were saved up for quilting - any sort of cotton, corduroy, knit or synthetic fabric was free.
- I was intrigued by the piece as I had never before seen a textile that was woven to mimic quilting actually used as the base for a quilt.
- Wrinkles, crimps, ruffles, fine pleating and quilting are built into otherwise plain fabric structures.
- 1.2The pattern of stitching used for quilting: the quilting should suggest a ‘drawn’ lineMore example sentences
- The feather is a classic quilting pattern that was in fashion on embroideries by the beginning of the seventeenth century.
- Free-motion machine embroidery, quilting and monogramming are all easier with this unique needle.
More definitions of quiltingDefinition of quilting in:
- The US English dictionary