noun[mass noun] Medicine
- 1A synthetic compound derived from acridine, used as an anthelmintic and antimalarial drug.More example sentences
- The Medical Research Council, which will oversee the trials, said national guidelines for studies of the antimalarial drug quinacrine will probably be agreed next month.
- Hydroxychloroquine is the most widely used; its effectiveness was studied in combination with quinacrine, another antimalarial drug.
- If standard therapeutic regimens fail because of immunodeficiency or other issues, combinations of metronidazole and quinacrine can be administered for three weeks.
- 1.1 (in full quinacrine mustard) Biochemistry A nitrogen mustard derived from quinacrine, used as a fluorescent stain for chromosomes.More example sentences
- First, cytogenetic techniques, especially quinacrine staining, were developed, enabling each chromosome to be recognized by its unique banding pattern.
More definitions of quinacrineDefinition of quinacrine in:
- The US English dictionary