noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A compound obtained from cinchona bark and used to treat irregularities of heart rhythm. It is an isomer of quinine.More example sentences
- Metformin also may interact with medications such as cimetidine, digoxin, amiloride, quinidine, vancomycin, and trimethoprim, and may interfere with vitamin B12 absorption.
- This has been shown to occur with penicillin, valproic acid, quinidine, sulfonamides, cimetidine and heparin.
- Treatment choices are to change the rhythm back to normal and maintain it with medications such as digitalis, quinidine, or other medicines or by electrical stunning of the heart (cardioversion).
More definitions of quinidineDefinition of quinidine in:
- The US English dictionary