- An antibiotic derived from quinoline and used chiefly against Gram-negative organisms.More example sentences
- Because of their extensive gram-negative coverage, quinolone antibiotics were initially used to treat urinary tract infections.
- The original quinolone antibiotics included nalidixic acid, cinoxacin and oxolinic acid (no longer available in the United States).
- Drugs that have been implicated include penicillin, aminopenicillins, sulfonamides, allopurinol, thiazides, quinolones, hydantoins, and propylthiouracil.
More definitions of quinoloneDefinition of quinolone in:
- The US English dictionary