Definition of quintessential in English:
Representing the most perfect or typical example of a quality or class: he was the quintessential tough guy—strong, silent, and self-contained
More example sentences
- Symbolically, his roles represented the quintessential dissident.
- We shall consider each in turn and then discuss the quintessential example of the problem.
- I suppose the waterfront dispute is the quintessential example, but that is only one amongst many.
- [as submodifier]: a quintessentially British drinkMore example sentences
- Thus, though something of a rebel in British academic society, he was also quintessentially British.
- Although the alliance's cause is quintessentially British, it has attracted support from wealthy Anglophile foreigners.
- But the film medium has always had difficulty in translating effects that are quintessentially literary.
Words that rhyme with quintessentialcadential, confidential, consequential, credential, deferential, differential, essential, evidential, existential, experiential, exponential, influential, intelligential, irreverential, jurisprudential, penitential, pestilential, potential, preferential, presidential, providential, prudential, referential, residential, reverential, sapiential, sciential, sentential, sequential, tangential, torrential
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan