Definition of quintuplet in English:
1 (usually quintuplets) Each of five children born at one birth.
- Commotion over multiple births - quadruplets, quintuplets, sextuplets - isn't new.
- Before a similar hot start last season, he probably was best known as the player whose wife gave birth to quintuplets.
- A story about the birth of quintuplets shouldn't send all expectant couples scurrying to buy 5 cribs.
2 Music A group of five notes to be performed in the time of three or four.
- There was this very specific attention to every hemidemisemiquaver and how quintuplets were going to inter-relate with this and how the texture of the cymbalom would work with the mandolin versus the harps and so on.
- At one point, triplets and septuplets in the l.h. are pitted against quintuplets and sextuplets in the r.h.
late 19th century: from quintuple, on the pattern of words such as triplet.
Words that rhyme with quintupletrivulet
Definition of quintuplet in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan