Definition of quota sample in English:
A sample taken from a stratified population by sampling until a pre-assigned quota in each stratum is represented.
- A randomized quota sample of drivers from the general population was used for the control group.
- The poll was conducted amongst a national quota sample of 1,000 voters at 100 sample points in all constituencies in the state last Monday and Tuesday.
- Each participating practice drew a quota sample of patients aged 18 and over from their practice list, excluding patients deemed inappropriate - for example, those likely to be distressed by being approached to take part in the study.
quota sampling noun
- Example sentences
- In particular, although the quota sampling and weighting ensured that our sample was demographically representative of London, the low response rate means that some bias may have affected our data.
- What kind of sampling strategy will you employ (e.g. probability sampling, quota sampling, theoretical sampling, convenience sampling)?
- Participants were recruited using quota sampling, which attempts to construct a representative sample without random selection.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.