noun (plural same)[mass noun]
- 1A Swiss dish of grated potatoes formed into a small flat cake and fried: the Swiss rösti, which is close to being their national home dish, is made with cooked potatoesMore example sentences
- It was served, as was every dish save the fondue, with sides of red cabbage and rösti, that most delicious of Swiss dishes.
- The plate also has fruit, a small portion of rösti, toast, and more.
- 1.1 [count noun] A flat cake of grated potato: place 4 of the rösti in the panMore example sentences
- I used a big cutting board and carefully slid the rösti onto that, and then flipped.
- Next I had a magnificent bit of pintail duck, so gamey as to briefly persuade me that it might in fact have been a pigeon; there was chestnut and bacon there and sprout tops and a cheeky little rösti.
1950s: from Swiss German.
More definitions of röstiDefinition of rösti in:
- The US English dictionary