noun[mass noun] US • dated
- Music popular among or played by black people, especially jazz and blues.More example sentences
- And while consumers and music executives no longer employ the term, constructions of categories of ‘race music’ persist, re-packaged in Rhythm and Blues, Hip Hop, and Latin forms, among others.
- And the context the narrator provides for these migrants' dreams also precludes any smooth representation of ‘the glittering city’ and its ‘race music’.
- When I walked into this, I had to learn a lot about this amalgam of country music and what was then called - what did they call it, race music.
More definitions of race musicDefinition of race music in:
- The US English dictionary