- A flower cluster with the separate flowers attached by short equal stalks at equal distances along a central stem. The flowers at the base of the central stem develop first. Compare with cyme and spike2.More example sentences
- In both experiments, flowers on racemes from main stem nodes in the middle of the canopy were tagged before anthesis and their development and growth were monitored.
- Flowers emerge on terminal racemes and are subtended by small bracts.
- The flowers grow in a raceme, an unbranched stalk that blooms from the bottom up.
late 18th century: from Latin racemus 'bunch of grapes'.
More definitions of racemeDefinition of raceme in:
- The US English dictionary