- 1(Of a flower cluster) taking the form of a raceme.More example sentences
- This group is morphologically characterized by boat-shaped extrafloral nectar cups and a long inflorescence axis exhibiting a more racemose arrangement of the flowers.
- Inflorescences are terminal or axillary, and are usually cymose, but less often racemose, capitate, clustered or spicate; the flowers are seldom solitary.
- Bracts are initiated acropetally on the racemose inflorescence, or below the terminal flower.
- 1.1 Anatomy (Especially of compound glands) having the form of a cluster.More example sentences
- It is a long racemose (ie, resembling a cluster of grapes) gland situated behind the stomach, stretching from the duodenum to the spleen.
late 17th century: from Latin racemosus, from racemus (see raceme).
More definitions of racemoseDefinition of racemose in:
- The US English dictionary