- 1 short for horse racing.More example sentences
- Turf racing is scheduled to run through the third week of November and may go longer, weather permitting.
- Live racing is scheduled to resume at both facilities on Saturday.
- Live racing was scheduled to return with five-race turf-only cards on Sunday and Monday.
- 1.1Any sport that involves competing in races: cycle racing yacht racingMore example sentences
- Dirt bike racing is a contact sport that can take away lives thus extra protection and precaution must be taken into consideration.
- The sport of pigeon racing is built around a central mystery: the strange homing instinct of the pigeon.
- But he finally made the decision to end 20 years of high-level competitive racing after a race in Peterborough.
adjectiveBack to top
- 1Moving swiftly: he controlled his racing thoughtsMore example sentences
- Just as I was leaving, the rain stopped and for a brief time the sun emerged from behind the racing clouds.
- The wind was howling through the trees, the sky was overcast with heavy racing clouds, and one or two large drops of rain proclaimed the approach of a storm.
- 2(Of a person) following horse racing: Kevin was not a racing manMore example sentences
- Many racing people are already feeling the pinch and any new ban would cause very serious difficulties for the industry.
- There were a lot of racing people present and it had many of the regulars scratching their heads.
- An interesting phenomenon of the book was the relative absence of criticism of its flaws by racing people.
More definitions of racingDefinition of racing in:
- The US English dictionary