- A person who believes that a particular race is superior to another: I had a fear of being called a racistMore example sentences
- "You may not be a racist but the people who vote for you are," I said to him.
- Of these people, misguided as they may be, few are actual racists.
- It is time for strong action to be taken to show the racists that their chanting and form of supporting is not welcome.
adjectiveBack to top
- Having or showing the belief that a particular race is superior to another: we are investigating complaints about racist abuse at a newsagentsMore example sentences
- To be against the culture of white slave-owners was not to be racist against whites.
- I think we still have certain people who are racist in attitudes.
- Any old comment I make is immediately construed to be racist by some people.