- The official or advertised price of a hotel room, on which a discount is usually negotiable: many hotels have upped their rack rate so they can continue to give monumental discountsMore example sentences
- Hotels may try to convince you that the rack rate is their typical room rate, but it's not.
- The hotel's rack rate is $275 that can be negotiated as low as $80 including meals.
- The normal rack rate for 2002 has been determined at N $600-00 per person per day, also for bed & breakfast in shared accommodation.
More definitions of rack rateDefinition of rack rate in:
- The US English dictionary