- A Swiss dish of melted cheese, typically eaten with potatoes.More example sentences
- In the realm of cheese cookery fondue and raclette are well known internationally.
- The restaurant in our bunkhouse even dishes up those old Swiss favourites raclette and fondue.
- In the French Alps the author luxuriates in the pleasures of skiing and food, filing the pages with rich detail like the one about raclette, a cheese you melt and pour over sliced potatoes and ham.
French, literally 'small scraper', referring to the practice of holding the cheese over the heat and scraping it on to a plate as it melts.
More definitions of racletteDefinition of raclette in:
- The US English dictionary