- The velocity of a star or other body along the line of sight of an observer.More example sentences
- With this tool, researchers can measure changes in the radial velocity of a star to an accuracy of 1m a second.
- They are part of a large programme aimed at measuring accurate radial velocities for sixty stars for which a temporary brightness ‘dip’ has been detected during the OGLE survey.
- Most of them are detected by indirect methods, based either on variations of the radial velocity or the dimming of the star as the planet passes in front of it.
More definitions of radial velocityDefinition of radial velocity in:
- The US English dictionary