- A region surrounding a planet where charged particles accumulate under the influence of the planet’s magnetic field.More example sentences
- That orbit regularly takes the station near the auroral zone and the ‘horns’ of the outer radiation belt - where the trapped particles descend toward the atmosphere.
- A major finding of the magnetospheric imaging instrument is the discovery of a new radiation belt just above Saturn's cloud tops, up to the inner edge of the D-ring.
- Other measurements obtained during the mission provided new data on the Earth's radiation belt and the discovery that the Moon has no magnetic field.
More definitions of radiation beltDefinition of radiation belt in:
- The US English dictionary