Definition of radical chic in English:
1The fashionable affectation of radical left-wing views.
- Bernstein, who later personified radical chic in his support of the Black Panthers, would never return to the attitude of ‘Krupke.’
- It's for people from the suburbs who think Monet is far-out radical chic or don't know that abstract expressionism is passé.
- This time, he had gone too far with a mixed-up-media theater piece that took religion, pop culture, radical chic, symphonic pretension, and sheer gall to new extremes of bad taste.
1.1The dress, lifestyle, or people associated with this: the heyday of the hippie ethos and radical chic
More example sentences
- However much contempt I have for the radical chic here at home, I have even more for the protesters abroad.
- They emerged from 1960s radical chic to become America's most wanted fugitives.
- In the heyday of the hippie ethos and radical chic, Fogerty ingeniously formulated a downriver idyll of freedom and benevolence at the heart of America.
1970: coined by the US writer Tom Wolfe.
Definition of radical chic in:
- US English dictionary