- The branch of astronomy concerned with radio emissions from celestial objects.More example sentences
- As a next step the astrophysicists want to use the upcoming LOFAR array in the Netherlands and Germany for radio astronomy and cosmic ray research.
- Allen said that the project was an opportunity to search for intelligent life beyond the solar system while doing conventional radio astronomy.
- Today some 10 neutron-star-neutron-star binaries have been discovered, and radio astronomy has accumulated a spectacular database of more than 1500 pulsars.
More definitions of radio astronomyDefinition of radio astronomy in:
- The US English dictionary