- An instrument used to detect radio emissions from the sky, whether from natural celestial objects or from artificial satellites.More example sentences
- A radio telescope has detected hundreds of hydrogen clouds in the gaseous halo that surrounds the disk of our galaxy.
- Jupiter is not hot enough to emit visible light, but it does radiate a huge flux of microwaves, making it quite bright to a radio telescope.
- The molecule, discovered accidentally while observing stars with a radio telescope, naturally occurs in intense reactions that take place in heavenly bodies like our sun.
More definitions of radio telescopeDefinition of radio telescope in:
- The US English dictionary