Definition of radiograph in English:
An image produced on a sensitive plate or film by X-rays, gamma rays, or similar radiation, and typically used in medical examination.
- Presence of cardiomegaly on the chest radiograph may be the only diagnostic clue and echocardiography may reveal pericardial effusion.
- Preoperative radiographs and MRI scans were obtained in all patients.
- Patients' medical records, chest radiographs, and computerized laboratory values were reviewed.
verb[with object] Back to top
Produce an image of (something) on a sensitive plate or film by X-rays, gamma rays, or similar radiation: the samples were stored at -20 degrees before being radiographed
More example sentences
- Characteristic branching ossification was identified in 7 of the 8 cases by radiographing the paraffin blocks or the wet tissue.
- Eventually, we wound up radiographing it, and she had a large cyst in her sinuses on the left side.
- Although the majority of ankle injuries are radiographed, fewer than 15 percent of these patients are found to have fractures of the ankle or foot.
- Example sentences
- As recommended by the researchers, consideration should be given to radiographic screening in these situations.
- Our study found that clinical and radiographic findings were useful predictors of the etiology of one or more pulmonary nodules.
- Many patients are asymptomatic, and the tumor is discovered only as an incidental radiographic or postmortem finding.
- Example sentences
- The ability of conventional CT scan and fiberoptic bronchoscopy to localize and properly stage radiographically occult lung cancer in the major airways is limited.
- She improved clinically and radiographically, and was switched to intravenous hydrocortisone, 200 mg three times a day, for 2 days, when she again showed clinical and radiographic deterioration.
- Treatment was advocated only if there was evidence of disease progression or if the lesion, as observed radiographically, failed to resolve over a 1-to 2-month period of close observation.
Definition of radiograph in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India