Definition of radiography in English:
The process or occupation of taking radiographs to assist in medical examinations.
- Specialised nurses examine patients referred from general practitioners, paediatricians, and other orthopaedic consultants and use radiography and ultrasonography as indicated.
- For instance, spinal radiography, computed tomography, barium enemas, and angiography expose our patients to higher doses of radiation than we might think.
- The diagnosis may be confirmed with plain radiography, computed tomography, or endoscopy.
- Example sentences
- The person carrying out the examination is usually an ultrasonographer, a radiographer specially trained at ultrasound techniques.
- On behalf of the children and their families we call not only for the provision of more linear accelerators but also for the clinical oncologists, radiographers, and physicists to operate them.
- Assessment is best carried out by a dedicated assessment team consisting of an experienced radiologist, surgeon, and pathologist supported by radiographers and a breast care nurse.
Words that rhyme with radiographyautobiography, bibliography, biography, cardiography, cartography, chirography, choreography, chromatography, cinematography, cosmography, cryptography, demography, discography, filmography, geography, hagiography, historiography, hydrography, iconography, lexicography, lithography, oceanography, orthography, palaeography (US paleography), photography, reprography, stenography, topography, typography
Definition of radiography in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.