Definition of radiometer in English:
An instrument for detecting or measuring the intensity or force of radiation.
- The radiometer measured light intensity by the number of revolutions induced over time, and the bolometer measured a decrease in electrical resistance upon absorption of radiation.
- The UV-B radiometer is intended to measure the hemispheric radiation reaching a horizontal surface.
- And that absorption forms the basis by which satellite UV radiometers detect ozone from space.
- Example sentences
- We'll cover the fundamentals needed to understand basic optical concepts such as radiometry, polarization, diffraction, and holography.
- As indicated by Parker, chemical actinometry has several advantages when compared with radiometry for measuring UV radiation.
- The rates of UV absorption obtained using radiometry in units of einsteins per second are also presented in Table 3.
Definition of radiometer in:
- US English dictionary