- A dome or other structure protecting radar equipment and made from material transparent to radio waves, especially one on the outer surface of an aircraft.More example sentences
- During its service with the Navy, it was fitted with various radar radomes necessitating the larger fins.
- A crew of three was required and they were housed in a single cockpit while radar was mounted in a radome at the front of the fuselage.
- With the aid of a pair of good quality binoculars it was quite possible to see the rotating radome on the top of the aircraft's fuselage.
More definitions of radomeDefinition of radome in:
- The US English dictionary