Definition of rag doll in English:
1A soft doll made from pieces of cloth.
- A few mornings ago I started cutting out the pieces for a rag doll for Amelia's birthday.
- They might be funny old things to look at, yet they have a simple honesty that makes us like them, in the way that we care for a favourite rag doll or knitted teddy.
- It was a rag doll, stamped front and back on a piece of cloth that you cut out and sewed around and filled with sawdust.
2 (ragdoll) A cat of a breed noted for its docile temperament, having blue eyes and a medium- to long-haired silky coat and typically of a light colour with dark points: [as modifier]: I bought a ragdoll kitten just over a year ago from what I thought was a respectable breeder
More example sentences
- "The ragdoll has an exceptionally gentle, well-balanced temperament," says one breeder, "but we should keep in mind that it is a cat, and allow it a few catty moments now and then!"
- "Ragdolls are supposed to be really placid, like their name suggests, but Porsche is more temperamental."
- Meanwhile a dissident group of ragdoll breeders started the Ragdoll Fanciers' Club International (RFCI), which transferred allegiance and registrations to the more established cat registries.
Definition of rag doll in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia