Definition of rag doll in English:
1A soft doll made from pieces of cloth.
- A few mornings ago I started cutting out the pieces for a rag doll for Amelia's birthday.
- They might be funny old things to look at, yet they have a simple honesty that makes us like them, in the way that we care for a favourite rag doll or knitted teddy.
- It was a rag doll, stamped front and back on a piece of cloth that you cut out and sewed around and filled with sawdust.
2 (ragdoll) A cat of a breed noted for its docile temperament, having blue eyes and a medium- to long-haired silky coat and typically of a light colour with dark points: [as modifier]: I bought a ragdoll kitten just over a year ago from what I thought was a respectable breeder
More example sentences
- The body color of ragdolls may be platinum gray, milk white, ivory or fawn.
- Last year the ragdoll ranked 20th among the 36 breeds registered by CFA.
- Like a plush cat come to life, the Ragdoll is known for it total relaxation skills.
Definition of rag doll in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.