- A highly seasoned dish of small pieces of meat stewed with vegetables: a ragout of duck braised in red wineMore example sentences
- What's guaranteed to fend off foul weather with true zeal, however, is a mere side dish - a glistening ragout of beluga lentils and onion confit, more tranquilizing than brandy.
- The life blood of Petre's rustic cooking is honest soups, seasonal ragouts and stews and handmade pastry, passed down matrilineally through the generations.
- There is a 17 th-century French recipe for wild duck cooked in a ragout flavoured with mushrooms, truffles and chocolate.
from French ragoût, from ragoûter 'revive the taste of'.
More definitions of ragoutDefinition of ragout in:
- The US English dictionary