- A North American plant of the daisy family. Its tiny green flowers produce copious amounts of pollen, making it a major causative agent of hay fever in some areas.
More example sentences
- Ambrosia artemisia, family Compositae
- Many early emerging summer annuals, including giant ragweed, kochia, crabgrass, lambsquarters, and Russian thistle, are removed during tillage, allowing the crop and any new weeds to emerge together.
- It is wind-born pollen from plants that have inconspicuous flowers like wild grasses or ragweed that are the major causes of respiratory allergy.
- Occasionally, broadleaf weeds, such as Canada thistle or ragweed, become established in winter wheat fields and interfere with grain harvest or with the following soybean crop.
More definitions of ragweedDefinition of ragweed in:
- The US English dictionary