A yellow-flowered ragged-leaved European plant of the daisy family, which is a common weed of grazing land and is toxic to livestock.
- Genus Senecio, family Compositae: several species, in particular S. jacobaea
More example sentences
- Although the yellow-flowered ragwort is an attractive-looking plant, it is poisonous to animals and can cause skin reactions in people.
- Common ragwort, with its distinctive yellow flowers, is a very hardy plant producing up to 150,000 seeds at a time, which can survive for up to 20 years.
- Many landowners have to spend time, effort and money to clear the ragwort from our land that has been caused by the council's infestation.
Definition of ragwort in:
- The US English dictionary