- A yellow-flowered ragged-leaved European plant of the daisy family, which is a common weed of grazing land and is toxic to livestock.
More example sentences
- Genus Senecio, family Compositae: several species, in particular S. jacobaea
- Although the yellow-flowered ragwort is an attractive-looking plant, it is poisonous to animals and can cause skin reactions in people.
- Common ragwort, with its distinctive yellow flowers, is a very hardy plant producing up to 150,000 seeds at a time, which can survive for up to 20 years.
- Many landowners have to spend time, effort and money to clear the ragwort from our land that has been caused by the council's infestation.
More definitions of ragwortDefinition of ragwort in:
- The US English dictionary