exclamationchiefly North American
- A cheer of encouragement or approval: ‘Yea! Rah! Team!’More example sentences
- It was originally going to be Rachel with the room to herself, but now this, so yay rah!
- The official beginning of cheerleading was in the 1920s when ivy-league schools had cheerleaders with coloured pompoms leading the crowd in choruses of, ‘rah, rah, sis, boom, bah!’
- ‘Go, team, rah, rah, rah,’ Billie said, unenthusiastically.
nounBritish Back to top
late 19th century: shortening of hurrah.
More definitions of rahDefinition of rah in:
- The US English dictionary