nounchiefly North American
- A fence, typically a wooden one, made of posts and rails.More example sentences
- We're inviting kids of all ages and their kin to the wilderness edge of the Rio Grande headwaters to construct a wooden rail fence around Love Lake.
- Prescott bore the brunt of the British assault, supported by Captain William Knowlton and Colonel John Stark, who had positioned themselves alongside a rail fence and hastily constructed stone wall below the hill.
- For much of one year, the three of them had labored to build a rail fence of split juniper around their lot in town.
More definitions of rail fenceDefinition of rail fence in:
- The US English dictionary