Definition of railcar in English:
1British A powered railway passenger vehicle designed to operate singly or as part of a multiple unit.
- All new and upgraded rail and bus stations, all light rail vehicles and suburban railcars and all buses financed under the NDP must be accessible to people with mobility and sensory impairments.
- We've already seen improvements on some services on the Waterford route, and later this year we hope to go to tender for a brand new fleet of regional railcars to operate routes such as Waterford / Heuston and Rosslare / Connolly.
- He said the new regional railcars would be similar to the railcars on the Cork-Cobh route and would operate the Tralee-Mallow / Cork services.
1.1 (rail car) North American Any railway carriage or wagon.
- Railroad crews also were checking the rail lines and a rail car was being sent along the route with a solution of baking soda and water to neutralize the acid.
- County Commissioners have voted to buy a railroad engine and two rail cars for the line.
- Most towns are too small to fill rail cars economically, if the railroad even passes by anymore.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.