1A ticket given for later use when a sporting fixture or other outdoor event is interrupted or postponed by rain.
- The course even gave each player a free rain check at the same cost as they had already paid for the non-day's golf.
- This is also when Kevin cashes in all the rain checks to play some golf at the lower elevations.
take a rain check
- Used to refuse an offer politely, with the implication that one may take it up at a later date: they wanted me to come along for the ride but I took a rain checkMore example sentences
- Now now I didn't turn you down I just took a rain check.
- She took a rain check on the invitation to lunch with her colleagues and sought Mel out instead.
- I think I'll take a rain check on that one, Winters.
Definition of rain check in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.