- A device for collecting and measuring the amount of rain which falls.More example sentences
- Of course by the next morning the ground was completely dry and parched; the rain gauge showed the fall amounted to 1mm.
- Use a rain gauge as shown to measure the amount of water actually applied, and test for adequate soil moisture by pushing a screwdriver through the sod.
- Students recorded the day's temperature, checked the rain gauge, and measured the positions of the sun and moon in the sky overhead.
More definitions of rain gaugeDefinition of rain gauge in:
- The US English dictionary