- A large tropical American tree which is widely planted as a street tree. It has grooved bark which typically supports epiphytic plants, and ‘rain’ is excreted by cicadas that live in the tree.
More example sentences
- Albizia saman, family Leguminosae
- Lots of other trees bloom in summer, the rain tree, the neem and the Silk cotton.
- It is 9 a.m. and Chandran has set up shop under the shade of a young rain tree on the Chakkai-Injackal bypass.
- Within the city, smaller trees could be planted, but wherever possible, like in open spaces and government offices and schools, big rain trees can be planted.
More definitions of rain treeDefinition of rain tree in:
- The US English dictionary