- A colourfully striped fish of the jack family, of warm seas worldwide.
More example sentences
- Elagatis bipinnulata, family Carangidae
- Dense schools of fusiliers swarm past, followed by squadrons of predators like big-eye trevally, mackerel and rainbow runners.
- Five sharks circled us as rainbow runners scraped off parasites from their sides.
- Dive it and you are almost guaranteed to see schooling barracuda, horse-eye jacks and rainbow runners, as well as giant green moray eels and hawksbill turtles hunting for a meal on the reef.
More definitions of rainbow runnerDefinition of rainbow runner in:
- The US English dictionary