- A luxuriant, dense forest rich in biodiversity, found typically in tropical areas with consistently heavy rainfall: save the rainforests [mass noun]: tracts of rainforest [as modifier]: rainforest plantsMore example sentences
- The small area of tropical rainforests has such a profusion of endemic species that most of them were placed on the World Heritage list in the 1980s.
- Over the past 30 years, the world has lost fully a fifth of all biodiverse tropical rainforests.
- These birds inhabit coastal rainforests and wooded areas where they can easily fly, hop or climb from tree to tree.
More definitions of rainforestDefinition of rainforest in:
- The US English dictionary