- 1Elevated to a higher position or level; lifted: the lord and his family ate on a raised platform at one end of the hallMore example sentences
- We also found drainage manhole covers raised to drain off the waters.
- The noses are riveted to a raised area, carefully indented to the front along a vertical midline.
- A mound, or motte, was raised up to one hundred feet in height.
- 2More intense or strong than usual; higher: a neighbour heard raised voices from the women’s flat as we age we are more likely to have raised blood pressureMore example sentences
- Archie looked back to the crewmen who were now looking their way, attracted by their raised voices.
- Yet, voices continue to be raised in opposition.
- The temperature was raised using a linear heating rate of 1.0°C / min.