Definition of raisin in English:
A partially dried grape.
- As with mashed potatoes, you can also use white rice with raisins as a side dish with meals.
- You will need a chutney that is thick with onions and raisins, rather than a sweet fruity one.
- She used to sort through five pound bags of raisins examining each one for stems.
- Example sentences
- The wine is warm with lots of minerality and raisiny fruit.
- Mixed fruit and citrus aromas with a candied edge provide even sweeter raisiny flavours that take on a honeyed concentration at the finish.
- Some had pruney or raisiny characteristics - not a good sign.
Definition of raisin in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan