- A partially dried grape.More example sentences
- As with mashed potatoes, you can also use white rice with raisins as a side dish with meals.
- You will need a chutney that is thick with onions and raisins, rather than a sweet fruity one.
- She used to sort through five pound bags of raisins examining each one for stems.
- More example sentences
- The wine is warm with lots of minerality and raisiny fruit.
- Mixed fruit and citrus aromas with a candied edge provide even sweeter raisiny flavours that take on a honeyed concentration at the finish.
- Some had pruney or raisiny characteristics - not a good sign.
Middle English: from Old French, 'grape', from an alteration of Latin racemus 'grape bunch'.
More definitions of raisinDefinition of raisin in:
- The US English dictionary