- (In art or photography) bright light, usually beamed obliquely, used to reveal such features as texture and detail.More example sentences
- The resulting his paintings is a harsh, raking light that strikes across the composition, illuminating parts of it while plunging the rest into deep shadow.
- The raking light emphasizes the uneven terrain of their bodies, covered with a seemingly infinite number of very fine wrinkles.
- The figure is seen in raking light against an impenetrable blackness.
More definitions of raking lightDefinition of raking light in:
- The US English dictionary